GTA IV: First Impressions
1) Russian rap and punk rock is awesome.
3) Not so much a fan of the new control scheme. However, my difficulties could stem entirely from the fact that a) I just need to get used to them and b) all the cars I am driving so far are totally crappy and spin out at the slightest twitch.
4) I like the new mechanism for evading stars. There is a “cop awareness radius” that you need to get out of before you can fade into the shadows. I expect that it worked this way in previous GTAs; however, in IV they show you the zone.
5) I totally suck at the bowling minigame. I realized it was easier to not try to aim; if I did that I guttered; without aiming, I could at least hit *some* pins.
6) I could swear that it was really New York I was wandering around in.
7) Haven’t quite gotten the hang of combat. Again, I figure this is a case of getting used to things.
8) I’m a bit . . . overwhelmed by the size of the place.
I’ll have more thoughts later, as I get deeper into it.